Certified Medical Assistant, Full-Time
To include the following:
Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
· Interviews patients, measures vital sins, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height, and records information on patients’ chart (in EHR) while maintaining patient confidentiality.
· Performs phlebotomy to obtain blood samples for laboratory testing as well as obtain other samples required for testing upon medical provider’s request
· Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients
· Hands instruments and materials to provider as directed
· Cleans and sterilizes instruments
· Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
· Administers routine diagnostic test or calls medical facility or department to schedule patients for tests
· Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate
· Med Administration Duties (if signed off on)
* Administers prescribed medications and treatments under the orders of the provider
* Prepares equipment and aids providers during treatment and examination of patient
* Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient
* Reviews provider’s orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patient
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent; one to two years related experience in medical office and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Familiarity with health care systems, regulations, policies, and functions. Understanding of documentation standards.
2. Knowledge of equipment, supplies, and materials needed for medical treatment. Understanding of basic laboratory procedures including preparation and screening
3. Knowledge of infectious disease management and control and safety standards
1. Skills in reading and following written and oral medical orders
2. Skill in initiating appropriate emergency procedures
3. Skill in handling a number of tasks simultaneously
4. Skill in performing blood draws
1. Ability to use manual dexterity to perform medical treatments
2. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and diverse patient populations
3. Ability to perform mathematical calculations for drug dosages
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, electronic Medical Records software, and spreadsheet design.
Certificates and Licenses:
· Medical Assistant Certification preferred. Certification in CPR and OSHA training required.
· Maintain professional certification
· Current, unexpired TN Driver’s License with clean driving history
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions while performing the job of this job:
· Stand for extended periods of time; push, pull and reach; occasionally bend, sit, stoop and stretch
· Have full range of body motion, including handling and lifting of patients
· Have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity needed to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and medical equipment, i.e. EKG machine, glucometer
· Have a normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports, specific vision requirements, close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to focus
· Occasionally lift and carry up to 20 pounds