Mountain Hope Good Shepherd Clinic relies heavily on a group of approximately 30 active volunteers to help the Clinic provide quality healthcare to our ever-expanding number of patients. The money saved by having such a dedicated group of volunteers allows us to keep our costs lower than we could possibly manage if we had to fill these positions with paid staff.
We currently have the following types of volunteers at Mountain Hope:
- Providers – doctors, nurse practitioners provide medical care for our patients. We have a definite need for a volunteer dentist to help cut down on our long waiting list. We work with our volunteers to set up schedules that work for everyone involved. The newly approved state law waiving volunteer providers from malpractice liability should be extremely helpful when deciding whether or not you can volunteer.
- Nurses – RN’s, LPN’s, and other patient care professionals support the medical staff in taking patient vitals, calling in prescription refills, making appointments for referrals to specialists.
- Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienists – provide assistance to our part-time staff Dentist.
- Clerical – many people in the community volunteer to help our office staff with phones, filing, and a multitude of other tasks required to keep the office running smoothly.
- Marketing and Development – volunteers assist the Development Director at fund-raising events, writing thank you letters and newsletter articles.
We are always in need of additional volunteers of all types. We sit down and talk with each person interested in volunteering to determine interests and availability and work with you to help you achieve the type of volunteer experience you seek.
If you are interested in volunteering at Mountain Hope Clinic, please call Mary Vance at 865-774-0066 or click on the PDF link to print and complete a volunteer application. Applications may be mailed to Mountain Hope Clinic, 312 Prince Street, Sevierville, TN 37862 or faxed to 865-774-0405.